Peppermint essential oil has a strong, clean, and minty aroma. As one of the most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.*
The beneficial effects of Peppermint essential oil have been well documented by science. Jean Valnet, MD, studied peppermint’s supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in improving taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. Alan Hirsch, MD, studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals.
According to a recent study in The Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition,peppermint oil may have a positive effect on exercise performance. Read Young Living's news release to learn more about this study.
Peppermint can also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water. We suggest diluting this essential oil with Young Living’s V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex before topical application.
Peppermint Tips from Young Living:
- Rub one drop on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure.*
- Place 2 drops on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Diffuse or inhale mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale or rub a drop on your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.*
Find more tips from Young Living on how to use Peppermint essential oil.
You can purchase Peppermint Oil and other YoungLiving essential oils in store at 211 S. Saunders St. Boerne, TX 78006
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.